Speaking at the movie’s Los Angeles premiere on May 18, Lundgren, 68, said it felt good to “pass the sword over” to Galitzine, 31. Lundgren originally played He-Man in the 1987 live-action film.
He praised the new production and said he enjoyed appearing in the movie in a cameo role, where he gives advice to Galitzine’s character. Instead of returning as a hero from Eternia, Lundgren plays a character from Earth.
Lundgren also said he is impressed that the franchise remains popular more than 40 years after the original He-Man toys and cartoon series launched in the early 1980s.
The new film stars Nicholas Galitzine as He-Man alongside Camila Mendes, Jared Leto, Alison Brie and Idris Elba.
Earlier this year, Galitzine shared photos of a He-Man action figure based on his likeness, saying it fulfilled a childhood dream.
Masters of the Universe arrives in theaters on June 5, 2026.
Tags:
Celebrity News
.jpeg)