Lil Tjay Released After Arrest, Denies Role in Offset Shooting

Lil Tjay Released After Arrest, Denies Role in Offset Shooting


Rapper Lil Tjay was released from Broward County Jail on Tuesday, April 7, 2026, following his arrest in connection with a shooting incident involving rapper Offset earlier this week. Shortly after his release, Tjay publicly addressed the situation through social media and brief interactions with paparazzi.

In his first statements, Tjay accused Offset of cooperating with authorities. He claimed that while he was being detained, he saw Offset identifying him to police. “The last thing I seen was Offset looking at me like this, ‘Yo that n**** shot me!’” Tjay said, adding, “N***a is a rat.” The allegation has not been substantiated by law enforcement.

Tjay also denied reports that a physical altercation took place before the shooting. “I didn’t do no damn fighting,” he said, rejecting claims that he was involved in any direct confrontation. He further dismissed the idea that Offset could physically challenge him. However, police have indicated that their investigation suggests Tjay may have instructed associates to initiate a confrontation that escalated into gunfire. Authorities have not publicly confirmed those details.

As of April 8, Tjay has not been charged in connection with the shooting itself. He was booked on misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct, also known as affray, and operating a vehicle without a valid license. His bond was set at $3,000, which he posted prior to his release.

Tjay’s attorney, Dawn Florio, stated that her client has not been accused of any shooting-related crimes and described circulating rumors online as “baseless.” She also emphasized that Tjay was not injured during the incident.

Offset remains hospitalized at Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood, Florida, where he is recovering from a gunshot wound to the leg. Representatives for the rapper said he is in stable condition and is expected to make a full recovery.

The incident is believed to be tied to an ongoing dispute between the two artists, reportedly involving a $10,000 debt and gambling-related issues dating back to early 2025. The investigation remains active.


Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form